FahmidaLaghari, born in province Sindh Pakistan holds PhD in Business Management fromUniversity of International Business and Economics (UIBE) Beijing China. Shedid Masters of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance from Bahria UniversityKarachi Pakistan and Masters of Science (MS) in Management Sciences fromSZABIST Karachi Pakistan.
She iscurrently working as Associate Professor at Xijing University in the School ofAccounting. She has worked as Assistant Professor in SZABIST Pakistan andSenior Lecturer in SMI University Pakistan. Since 2012 she is engaged inteaching and research.
She haslectured graduates and undergraduates on; “Business Finance”, “FinancialManagement”, “Corporate Finance”, “Financial Accounting”, “Cost Accounting”,“Business Ethics”, “Project Management”, “Analysis of Financial Statements”“Statistical Inference”, “Research Methodology” and “Information SystemAnalysis and Design” among other courses.
Her areasof research are; corporate finance, financial management, corporate governanceand accounting.
4.Optional Courses for Students
Forgraduate students, she can teach “Corporate Finance”, “Financial Management”,“Research Methodology”, “Analysis of Financial Statements”, “Information SystemAnalysis and Design”, etc.
I. Publicationsand Conferences
FahmidaLaghari, Ye Chengang, (2019) "Investment in working capital and financialconstraints: Empirical evidence on corporate performance", InternationalJournal of Managerial Finance, https:// doi.org/10.1108/IJMF-10-2017-0236.
Fahmida,Laghari and Ye Chengang "Are Stock Markets and Foreign Exchange MarketsCointegrated? An Empirical Analysis." International Journal of ManagerialStudies and Research (IJMSR),vol 5, no. 12, 2017, pp. 1-10.doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.20431/2349-0349.0512001.
FahmidaLaghari, Co-authored with (Ye Chengang) paper: “Cash Flow Management,Leverage, and Firm Financial Performance: A Longitudinal Outlook on ChineseNon-Financial Firms”and self-presented at the conference “The Challenges of Managing and Modelling Innovationand Growth in China” co-organized by Queen Mary University of London & Renmin University ofChina at date 4-5November 2017 RenminUniversity ofChina, Beijing.http://www.innochina17.com/uploads/3/1/7/1/31715977/programme_renmin2017_revised5.pdf
PresentedTwo Research Papers in International Research Conference of SZABIST held on 14and 15th December, 2012 on the areas:
PresentedTwo Research Papers in International Research Conference of SZABIST held on 16and 17th December, 2011 on the areas:
II. GraduateThesis Supervised
· ForecastingDebt and DuPont Analysis: A Study of Oil and Gas Sectors of Pakistan.
· ExchangeRate Pass-through to Domestic Prices: A Case of Pakistan.
· ComparativeAnalysis of Profitability between Private versus Public Banks of Pakistan.
· ModelingVolatility in USD/PKR Exchange Rates by Using GARCH Model: A Case of Pakistan.
· Impactof Service Quality on Customer Satisfaction in Cellular Networks.
· Impactof Service Quality on Student’s Satisfaction in Private Higher EducationInstitution of Sindh Pakistan.
· WorkLife Balance of Female Teachers in Public and Private Sectors.
· Impactof Celebrity Advertisement on Consumer’s Purchase Intention.
· Impactof Job Stress on the Performance of Employees in Banks.
· Impactof Promotional Advertisement on Consumer’s Buying Behavior.
· Impactof Job Stress on Employees Performance: A Case of Mobilink Call Centers KarachiPakistan.
III. Honorsand Awards
· SecuredCertificate of Award for Most Outstanding Student in the International DegreePrograms among 2018 Graduates at University of International Business andEconomics (UIBE), Beijing, China.
· SecuredCertificate of Merit from University of International Business and Economics(UIBE) Beijing, China, for Distinction in Course Work in Ph.D. Program (2014 to2015).
· SecuredMerit Scholarship of China Scholarship Council (CSC) for Ph.D. Studies atUniversity of International Business and Economics (UIBE), Beijing, China(Years 2014 to 2018).
6.Project Practice Units
TreasuryDepartment Deutsche Bank Head Office, Karachi Pakistan.
7.Requirements for Students
· Havingbasic knowledge and understanding in finance, business, and accounting.
· Interestedin research in the field of finance and accounting are welcome.
· Studentsable to lead, work in team, and work independently with commitment and passionare welcome.