Yasir Shahab (施儒山) did his PhD from Business School, University ofInternational Business and Economics (UIBE), Beijing, China. He has joinedSchool of Accounting, Xijing University, Xi’an, Shaanxi, China as an AssociateProfessor in September, 2018. His work has been published in mainstreamaccounting, finance and related journals e.g. Business Strategy and theEnvironment; The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice;International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior and Research, AppliedEconomics Letters, among others. He has previously worked in Chineseenterprises. He has so far published five (6) SSCI papers in his relevantfield. His project has been approved under “High Level Talents Funds of XijingUniversity” for 100,000 RMB and currently a key member of the “Core ResearchTeam of School of Accounting”.
His teaching interests include researchmethodology, econometrics, financial management, entrepreneurship, corporategovernance, among others. He has taught financial empirical methods andresearch methodology to the master’s students.
His broader research interests includealternative entrepreneurial financing, i.e. Crowdfunding, etc. Corporatefinance, corporate governance, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) andcapital markets in emerging economies. However, he is specifically working ondeterminants and consequences of mergers and acquisitions in China these days.
Researchmethodology, financial empirical methods, entrepreneurship, corporategovernance
1. Shahab, Yasir., Ntim, Collins., G., Yugang, Chen., Ullah,Farid., Li, Hai-Xia., & Ye, Zhiwei. (2019). ‘CEO attributes, sustainableperformance, environmental performance, and environmental reporting: Newinsights from upper echelons perspective’ Business Strategy and the Environment(SSCI, Impact Factor: 6.381, ABS-3 Star, SJR Q1 (4-Star), ABDC-B), DOI:https://doi.org/10.1002/bse.2345, Forthcoming (Published online).
2. Ahmed, Danish., Shahab,Yasir., Ullah, Farid., & Ye, Zhiwei. (2019). ‘Investor sentiment andinsurers’ financial stability: Do sovereign rating matter?’ The Geneva Paperson Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, (SSCI, Impact Factor: 0.597,ABS-2 Star, SJR Q2 (3-Star), ABDC-B), Forthcoming (Accepted 14th March,2019).
3. Shahab, Yasir., Ntim, Collins G., Chengang, Ye., Ullah,Farid & Fosu, Samuel. (2018). Environmental Policy, Environmentalperformance and financial distress in China: Do top management teamcharacteristics matter? Business Strategy and the Environment (SSCI, ImpactFactor: 6.381, ABS-3 Star, SJR Q1 (4-Star), ABDC-B), 27(8), 1635-1652.
4. Shahab, Yasir., Ye, Chengang, Arbizu, Angel David., &Haider, Muhammad Jamal. (2018). Entrepreneurial self-efficacy and intention: Doentrepreneurial creativity and education matter? International Journal ofEntrepreneurial Behavior and Research, (SSCI, Impact Factor: 2.391, ABS-2Star, SJR Q1 (4-Star) ABDC-B), 25(2), 259-280.
5. Shahab, Yasir., Ntim, Collins G., & Ullah, Farid.(2018). The brighter side of being socially responsible: CSR ratings andfinancial distress among Chinese state and non-state owned firms. AppliedEconomics Letters, (SSCI, Impact Factor: 0.591, ABS-1 Star, SJR Q3 (2-Star),ABDC-B), 26(3), 180-186.
6. Shahab, Yasir., Zhiwei, Ye., Riaz, Yasir., & Ntim,Collins G. (2018). Individual’sfinancial investment decision-making in reward-based crowdfunding: Evidencefrom China. Applied Economics Letters, (SSCI, Impact Factor: 0.591,ABS-1, SJR Q3 (2-Star), ABDC-B), 26(4), 261-266.
7. Shahab, Yasir., & Ye, Chengang. (2018). CorporateSocial Responsibility Disclosure and Corporate Governance: Empirical insightson Neo-Institutional framework from China. International Journal ofDisclosure and Governance, (ESCI, Scopus, ABS-2, SJR Q3 (2-Star), ABDC-C),15(2), 87-103.
8. Riaz, Yasir., Shahab,Yasir., Bibi, Robina., & Zeb, Shumaila. (2016). Investment-cash flowsensitivity and financial constraints: evidence from Pakistan. South AsianJournal of Global Business Research, 5(3), 403-423. (ESCI, ABDC-C),5(3), 403-423.
v“Funds for High-Level Talents of Xijing University(2019), Grant/Award Number: XJ19B02 (Project worth 100,000 RMB).
vLeading member of “Core Research Team” of School ofAccounting, Xijing University (Project worth 500,000 RMB).
The studentsshould be hardworking, able to exert full efforts, have intellectual insightsand eagerness to develop their human capital. In addition, they should alsohave strong basic knowledge of the current accounting and finance topics.